ECGRL is accepting submissions of original poetry written by area youth for the YA National Poetry Month 2013 contest from April 1st through April 19th by email, mail, Survey Monkey and at the Headquarters Library Information Desk (2nd Floor). There are three (3) Age Divisions: 11-12, 13-15, 16-17 and two (2) Formats for judging: Spoken Word and Written Word. All Spoken Word participants are required to submit a written version of their piece. Entrants then have the option to perform live or submit a taped performance of their piece to staff prior to the event date. The three Spoken Word winners will perform at the Awards Program on Friday, April 26 at Headquarters at 5:30pm where certificates will be awarded to all entrants and winners will receive prizes.
1. Contest is for grades 6-12 (11 to 17 year olds) only.
2. Poems can be typed, written or artistically drawn with the student’s name, phone number, email address, grade, age, school and name of English teacher at the top of each page of the poem. Submissions lacking this information are subject to disqualification.
3. Submissions found not to be original material will be immediately disqualified.
4. Poems will be judged by staff on adherence to guidelines, originality and creativity.
5. Submissions can by entered on the back of this form, hand delivered or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:30pm on Friday, April 19, 2013. Multiple entries per writer are permitted but must include all entry information. Address mailed entries to:
East Central Georgia Regional Library System
823 Telfair Street
Augusta, GA 30901
6. Instructors and Media Specialists wishing to submit multiple entries on behalf of their students should contact the YA Librarian by close of business on Friday, April 19, 2013 to discuss drop-off or pick up arrangements.
7. All entrants are eligible to receive Participation Letters to give to their English teachers by emailing a letter request including all of the entry information required above to email@example.com.
Winners will be announced and receive certificates, medals and a special surprise at the Monthly After Hours Scavenger Hunt and Awards Program on Friday, April 26, 2013 at 5:30pm at the Headquarters Library.
The Survey Monkey Entry Form Link: